Transfer domain name FAQ
You may use the domain name transfer process to submit an automatic request for a domain name transfer from another registrar to Unpicked.com.
Transferring a domain name to Unpicked.com means that you are choosing Onlinenic.com as the registrar of record for that domain name, allowing you
to take advantage of Unpicked.com's pricing for domain name registration and renewal. Once a domain name has been transferred to OnlineNic.com it
appears in your Unpicked.com member account and can be manipulated and modified just like any other domain name in the account.
Transferring domain name from another registrar to Unpicked.com extends it's registration by 1 (one) year from it's current expiration date.
In the event that we are unable to transfer a name, the transfer price will be credited to your account.
In order to transfer names to Unpicked.com using our automated process:
- You must have access to the administrative contact email address on file for the domain name. During the transfer process, you will be required
to confirm the transfer request via email. The confirmation message will be sent to the administrative contact email address on file with the current
registrar for the domain name; if you do not have access to this email address, please contact your current registrar for information on changing it
before initiating a Transfer of Registrar request.
- You may NOT transfer a Domain Name if that name was registered or transferred within the past 60 days or if that name, or any information associated
with it, is currently in dispute.
- .com, .net and .org domain names can only be registered for a term not to exceed 10 years.
The transfer procedure goes like this:
- You submit a transfer request to transfer your domain registered with other registrars to Unpicked.com.
- The system will send a confirmation email to your domain's present administrative contact email. Generally this
email will be sent within ten minutes after you submit your transfer request. If you do not receive such an email, please inform us at support(at)unpicked.com.
- If you reply this email unmodified within 5 calendar days, we will process the transfer; If you indicate in your reply email that you
won't approve this transfer or fail to receive reply to our email within five (5) calendar days we will
decline to transfer the domain names.
- After the transfer request is confirmed we will process the transfer request by contacting the registry which will contact the current registrar about this request.
Note: the transfer process may take approximately 5 to 10 calendar days after you initiate and confirm the transfer request. We strongly suggest you to initiate your transfer request 2 weeks prior to the domain's expiry date.
You can easily transfer domain name to another Unpicked.com's user. It's simple. From "Domain & name transfers" section
select "Transfer to another user". Among standard data (like domain name and password) you'll be needing also
username of user that you wish to transfer domain to.
After you've successfully completed domain transfer, this domain will not belong anymore to you. That's why
you will not be able to manage it.
Please be cautious of submitting your transfer request. Once the domain complete
transferring to the new account, you will no longer have access to get it back
to your account.
This service is free of charge.
If you would like to change registrant's name you cannot do it using "Modify domain info" option in "Domain operations" section.
This is possible if you click on option "Change domain ownership" of "Domain & name transfers" section where you will be able
to change ONLY registrant's name.
The service is free of charge.